Friday, September 12, 2008

Well, pick up your gear and gypsy roll on, roll on.

So yesterday I begrudginly attended Heikes brothers birthday party.

I have to say, I never appreciated my family as much as I do until I went there. The germans never really said one word to me, because i didnt know german I assume. We all just sat in the room and the family just spoke softly to eachother, there were actually akward silences! It was the oddest thing I have ever experinced. And not that I need someone to hold my hand, but they didnt try to include me one bit in anything! If someone who was deaf,blind, and dumb came to any birthday party or something of my family we would find any means to make the person feel included! ( Also, thank you guys so much for commenting on this blog, it makes me so happy when you do! LOVE YOU)
But anyway, we eventually left the party. And on the way out my host dad gave me and my 13 yr old host brother, alexander, large long baguettes to hold. So naturally, I turn over to Alex and in my best darth vader voice challenge him to a lightsaber battle. So there we are in the kitchen with all the akward germans dueling with baguettes, or in our mind, lightsabers. It was the funniest thing that happended at that entire party ( for me atleast.) l dont think i gave Heikes family a very good impression of americans but honestly, i could careless. i just wanted my own family. Uncle Bill, Karen, Debbie, Nana, all those little girls with the three letter names ( Ava, Gia,etc.) And everyone else


Will someone please buy me Frank Sinatra:Nothing but the Best CD? It's relatively new and I cant find it anywhere here.I also cant download it onto my computer because no Wifi anywhere.
I promise I'll send you something German in return :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be able to get it this week coming up and ship it around Friday/Saturday...

Let me know if that's what you want... myspace me of facebook me.

[Danamarie D.]

cindybella said...

Honey,you NEVER cease to amaze me and amuse me!!! :) When I read your blog, it just makes me smile!! I love you so, so very much!! You are amazing! Incidentally,you DID win the match, right?? That's my girl!!! xoxoxoxoxo

Bridgette said...

POST MORE PICTURES!